31 Oct Grassfed Beef Pot Roast
Posted at 12:14h in 0 Comments
This hearty entree can be prepared in a Dutch Oven for faster oven roasting, or in a Crock Pot for an all-day slow cook. Round out the menu with crisp salad greens, balsamic salad dressing and fresh baked french bread.
- Prep Time :
- Cook Time :
- Ready Time :
2 hour, 45 min
- 1 1/2 to 3 lb Millgate Grassfed beef chuck roast
- 1 tsp Salt If using Millgate Steak and Burger seasoning, use 1 1/2 tsp seasoning and eliminate the pepper.
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 1 Large onion, quartered and thinly sliced
- 3 TBSP Olive oil
- 2 Garlic cloves, chopped or crushed
- 2 1/2 cups Beef broth, unsalted
- 1/4 tsp Ginger, ground
- 1/2 cup Red wine or canned tomatoes
- 2 TBSP Balsamic vinegar
Vegetables to add to the Crock Pot (in the beginning) or to the Dutch Oven about 1 hour before serving time.
- 2-3 Potatoes Scrubbed and quartered, leave skin on
- 4-6 medium size Carrots, peeled
- 8-12 small White onions such as pearl or cipollini, optional
- Rub Millgate grassfed chuck roast with salt and pepper or the Steak and Burger seasoning.
- In a Dutch Oven, heat the oil on medium heat.
- Brown the roast and onion.
- Mix the remaining ingredients together and pour over the roast.
- Cover and oven bake at 325 degrees F. for 2-3 hours or until roast is tender.
- Remove roast to serving platter, cover to keep warm.
- Thicken pan juices with 1 TBSP flour per cup of juice.
- Serve with potatoes and roasted carrots.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.