08 Mar Berkshire Glazed Ham
Posted at 23:16h in 0 Comments
Orange juice, raspberry jelly, honey and spices combine for a delicious taste tingling glaze for a holiday ham.
- Prep Time :
- Cook Time :
- Ready Time :
2 hour, 40 min
- 8-10 lb Millgate Berkshire Ham, bone-in start at room temperature or adjust cooking time
- 15-30 Cloves, whole
- 2 cups Orange juice
- 1 TBSP Black pepper coarsely ground
- 1/4 cup Raspberry jelly or jam
- 1/4 cup Ohio honey
- 1 tsp Dill weed
- 2-4 TBSP Mustard powder medium heat
- 1/2 tsp Coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Wash ham and pat dry.
- Score surface into a diamond pattern.
- Push the cloves into the ham at the cross points. Make a knife point hole to prevent crushing the clove head.
- Put ham in roasting pan, bake in oven for 2-2 1/2 hours or until internal temperature is 125 degrees.
- Prepare the glaze, put orange juice in a sauce pan over medium heat.
- Reduce juice by 1/2.
- Add remaining glaze ingredients, stir to combine.
- When ham reaches 125 degrees, coat ham with some of the glaze and return to the oven.
- Baste every 10 minutes until ham reaches 145 degrees internal temperature.
- Remove from oven and let rest on counter for 3-5 minutes before serving.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.